- 2014 Performance
- Future Focus
Our efforts to attract, retain and continuously develop top talent are guided by our Code of Conduct – which sets forth expectations for all Newmont employees, officers and Directors, and for contractors, vendors and other business partners when they are engaged in activities on our behalf.
Our global People Policy outlines the commitments we make to select and develop our employees, and establish a workplace where everyone takes an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling included and proud to work at Newmont. These commitments include:
- Investing in the success of our people through training and development, developmental assignments, performance management, succession planning and talent management, and supporting the capacity building of the local workforce.
- Treating all people with respect and providing a work environment free from discrimination based on national origin, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other attribute protected by law. We also prohibit harassment, bullying and any threats or acts of violence while conducting business for or on behalf of Newmont.
- Recruiting, promoting and retaining employees based on their qualifications for the required work and doing so in a manner that promotes equitable and transparent recruiting practices.
- Becoming an industry leader in global inclusion and diversity by maximizing local employment, creating a workforce that truly reflects the communities where we operate, and establishing a workplace where all people have the opportunity to achieve and contribute to their full potential.
- Investigating matters raised by employees through our formal and anonymous process and prohibiting retaliation against anyone raising a question, concern, complaint or grievance.
- Compensating people in a fair and equitable manner. While programs are locally structured and managed to reflect differences in local market conditions, culture, employee preferences and statutory requirements, our Total Rewards program is designed to provide a competitive compensation position in all locations and support equitable remuneration between men and women among job categories. The program is structured without bias among national origin, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other legally protected categories.
Supporting these commitments are our standards on Employment; Compensation and Benefits; Global Inclusion and Diversity; Labor Relations; Conduct and Non-Discrimination; and Talent and Performance Management.
To monitor and measure our performance, we conduct surveys – including our global employee survey, which provides all employees an opportunity to make their voices heard and give anonymous feedback on the direction of the business – and track key performance indicators such as attrition. To advance our inclusion and diversity goals, we monitor a number of metrics and track the implementation of actions and programs.