Bureau Veritas North America Inc. undertook the assurance for our 2015 report. The scope for the report’s assurance includes AccountAbility’s AA1000 Assurance Standard, the Global Reporting Initiative’s (GRI) G4 “in accordance” Core option and the International Council on Mining and Metals (ICMM) Assurance Procedure, the latter of which checks the following:
- Alignment of the member company's sustainability policies to ICMM’s 10 Sustainable Development Principles and any mandatory requirements set out in ICMM Position Statements;
- The company's material sustainable development risks and opportunities based on its own review of the business and the views and expectations of its stakeholders;
- The existence and implementation status of systems and approaches the company is using to manage the identified material sustainable development risks and opportunities;
- The company's reported performance during the given reporting period for a selection of identified material sustainable development risks and opportunities; and
- The company's self-declared application level of the GRI’s G4 Core option.
Bureau Veritas North America Inc. provides an Assurance Statement, which is published in our annual global sustainability report. The organization also provides an extensive internal report detailing observations, findings and opportunities for improvement based on interviews with a range of our stakeholders, as well as visits to our operating sites.